Pagudpud is separated from Bangui and re-created as a municipality. (It was first erected on 11 February 1954 by virtue of EO No 13 signed by Pres. Ramon Magsaysay but dissolved on 16 February 1957.)
Congress approves a bill sponsored by Hon. Simeon Valdes, representative of the second district of Ilocos Norte, changing the name of Banna to Espiritu in honor of former Ilocos Norte governor Santiago Espiritu. [Cadiz]
First scholarly article on Ilocos churches; written by Dr. Benito Legarda, published in Philippine Studies, Vol. 8 No. 2.